Finer Options for the Best Gamification
Discover 6 tips to effectively measure the ROI of your gamification strategies.The implementation of a gamification strategy could increase your sales by 5 to 15%. And in 2018, more than 70% of companies, dominating the global market, will have at least one gamification application. Communication through play is therefore a real challenge.
The implementation of a gamification strategy could increase your sales by 5 to 15%.
But what about the return on investment of this type of campaign?
King And Gamification: What Are We Talking About?
Measuring ROI (return on investment) of a gamification strategy requires careful thought. Indeed, this work is more qualitative than for other media like e-mail marketing where the opening and click rates are sometimes enough to measure the success of campaigns. Thus, in gamification, it is necessary to be interested in the effects of the campaign on the behavior of the targets. For example, in the case of developing a Serious Game for employee training, you can judge its impact by measuring employee motivation, improving team spirit, reducing churn or still the increase in turnover.
In order to effectively measure the impact of your strategies, also consider evaluating the effect of target behavior change on the bottom line. Indeed, if your gamification campaign has no specific goals and does not promote engagement, the results will be poor. For example, a game with a simplistic gameplay can quickly tire players and limit engagement in the long run. The game must therefore respect a certain number of rules in order to obtain efficient results. The use of the hoversignal: gamification tools come useful there.
Recommendations to effectively measure the ROI of your gamification campaigns
Define your performance indicators according to the type of campaigns: in the case of advergaming for example, we will focus more particularly on the traffic generated, the bounce rate, the number of likes, comments, downloads , purchases, the quality of the data collected or the note and notices left on the game store.
- Compare your campaign results before and after the implementation of the gamification strategy
- Make sure your performances are well linked to the implementation of the gamification strategy
- Evaluate the components of your campaign on different teams: in order to obtain the best results, you must know precisely the expectations of your employees and adapt your game scenarios accordingly.
- Test, test and test again: use control groups that are not aware of your strategy to have a critical look
- Do a simulation before launching your campaign to identify any bugs (pre-test)
These are the things that you will have to be quite useful now and that makes the whole process perfect foe better results.